Traditional blinds for a traditional British restaurant
Traditional blinds are a perfect foil for this traditional British restaurant, Saucy, which opened recently on Lordship Lane, Southwark. With its bold red and white striped cover contrasting with the black of the shop front this traditional blind is a reminder of all things British and Southwark in particular. The complex old fashioned logo, specified by the owners has been faithfully reproduced on the valance of the blind through the use of our exclusive RAGS® branding process. All other parts of the blind, including the harvested hardwood box and lath and the powder coated steel arms are finished in black just as they would have been one hundred years ago or more. Note especially how the authentic Victorian style galvanised clout nails, which hold the cover in place, have been carefully installed in perfect alignment with the stripes of the covers; an indication of the pride Deans Installers put into all their work.
British Inspired, tasty and always fresh…Incredible triple cooked Hand Cut Fresh Chips, Gourmet Burgers and Homemade sauces. Saucy Chip is family positioned sit down/waiter service restaurant experience called “Saucy”.They offer a lovely relaxed, all day Brasserie style menu celebrating the Great British Classics but served very much with a modern, global twist and of course a variety of incredible homemade sauces to go with the dishes. There is also a range of small plates, mains, sides and delicious desserts on the menu.
Lordship Lane is East Dulwich’s oldest street. It is an ancient thoroughfare that significantly predates the late 19th century developments. The area was transformed from fields and market gardens to Victorian suburbs in the period 1865–1885. The tram line that once served Lordship Lane disappeared many years ago. The children’s author, Enid Blyton, of Famous Five and Noddy fame, was born on 11 August 1897 above a shop in Lordship Lane. You can find a Southwark Blue Plaque at the address which was placed there in 2003. It can be found above a shop located at 352–356 Lordship Lane, which is located near to the local library.