Traditional awnings have been used on homes for hundreds of years and sometimes the modern automated systems just will not do. Deans still hand make traditional products for commercial and domestic installations here in our South London factory.
Each awning is constructed from the finest hard wood timbers from registered harvested sources and receive a water based primer, followed by an undercoat and appropriate coats of hand applied high grade water based environmentally friendly paint to give them that real “Victorian” look.
The arms are formed in our factory from mild steel and the castings and other fittings are from proper cast iron – with none of the sand cast blemishes polished out to provide the correct authentic appearance.
You can choose from any of the fabrics you see on our special fabrics page and these, whilst looking the part of the old cotton materials actually have all the properties of low maintenance modern fibres resistant to fade and soiling.
Remember, on the traditional blind awning operation is the old fashioned method where the front lath it is pulled out using a pull down pole and automation is not available – they didn’t have it in Great Grandma’s time!
These awnings are made from scratch in our London factory – just as they have been for 121 years.
We believe using quality materials is a prerequisite in producing an outstanding end product.
• High grade hardwood timber to manufacture the boxes that the roller is housed in
• Hardwood is specially treated to offer maximum durability
• All steel-forged arms and bracketry are hand-crafted to match the exact curvature of an application
All these measures give the awning long-lasting resistance to the most torrid of weather conditions.
• Metalwork is powder coated
• Timberwork is hand‑treated
• Cloth fabric is solution-dyed for protection
The Traditional awnings can be customised to maximise your branding.
• Hardwood can be stained or painted to a customers required specification
• Metalwork and fabric can be matched to any RAL colour
• Valance and finials available in many styles
• RAGS branding and pattern printing