Dutch Blinds and Canopies
Dutch blinds or Dutch canopies have been available for many years, traditionally the Dutch Blind made of timber. Nowadays the frame is usually constructed from aluminium extrusion with, in Deans case, high pressure die-cast alloy corners and reinforced composite hinges making the Dutch Canopy easier to operate and more durable.
A Dutch canopy is ideal where you have a situation which does not permit the installation of heavier foldaway units but requires maximum shade, assisted by the side protection offered by the canopy design.
You can choose from one of the hundreds of colours we feature on our fabric selection page.
A cover board is available for the Dutch Canopy to protect the cover, in the closed position, and operation is usually by a simple traditional cord and pulley method though an electric option is available. The valance is a standard feature on a Dutch blind and is not detachable.
These blinds and canopies are especially suitable where are limited fixings due to their light weight. This makes them an ideal solution for single story extensions or on bungalows.
We believe using quality materials is a prerequisite in producing an outstanding end product.
• High grade hardwood timber to manufacture the boxes that the roller is housed in
• Hardwood is specially treated to offer maximum durability
• All steel-forged arms and bracketry are hand-crafted to match the exact curvature of an application
All these measures give the awning long-lasting resistance to the most torrid of weather conditions.
• Metalwork is powder coated
• Timberwork is hand‑treated
• Cloth fabric is solution-dyed for protection
The Dutch blinds or Dutch canopies can be customised to maximise your branding.
• Hardwood can be stained or painted to a customers required specification
• Metalwork and fabric can be matched to any RAL colour
• Valance and finials available in many styles
• RAGS branding and pattern printing