This traditional shop blind at Uni restaurant in Ebury Street, Belgravia features branding at either end to reflect the styles of food on offer. This branding has been applied to the traditional shop blind through the use of our bespoke RAGS® branding process which permits accurate logo reproduction in a limitless variety of colours. The awning itself is of a type we have manufactured over three centuries and has been built in the time honoured way. The hard wood awning boxing and front lath is carefully hand painted, as it has always been, but we use environmentally sound water-based paint replacing the unpleasant lead based paints used in used in the past. Iron and steel work for Deans traditional shop blinds is powder coated by our in house powder coating facility, once again replacing what previously was laboriously applied by brush. What was traditionally a canvas fabric is now a modern synthetic, modelled to look like canvas, but far more resistant to soiling and fade. Fabrics for our traditional shop blinds can be selected from a range numbering over 300 designs all in fade free soil resistant yarns.
Uni Takes its name from the Japanese word for the sea urchin, a Japanese delicacy, Uni endeavours to bring the vibrant colours, flavours and textures of Peruvian and Japanese fusion cuisine to the discerning diner. Their menu offers a selection of grilled meats and fish, Wagyu beef and black cod, the highest quality sushi and sashimi. The Peruvian influence is prevalent with things such as an anticucho sauce with the black cod, as well as ceviche and tiraditos peruano.
Ebury Street in Belgravia, part of the City of Westminster, was built mostly in the period 1815 to 1860. The surviving houses 180-188 were called “Fivefields Row” when Mozart lived there in 1764. There was significant bomb damage to the Street during World War ll and these parts have been replaced by more modern residential buildings. After World War l, Number 42 was the workplace or head office of the “Soldiers’ Embroidery Industry”. Textile bags and workboxes were labelled with the inscription “Made by the Totally Disabled”, these being disabled veterans from the conflict.