The Dutch blind or Dutch canopy has been a staple on the high streets for many years though it seems the reason for prefix seems to be lost, in fact in some parts of the country it is known as a French canopy but then in France they are an “auvent” and in Holland a “luifel” so quite where this all begins seems lost in the mists of time. Traditionally the Dutch Blind or canopy was made with a timber frame but today the frame is usually constructed from aluminium extrusion with reinforced composite hinges making the Dutch canopy easier to operate and more durable than the old painted frames. A Dutch canopy is ideal for situations which do not permit the installation of heavier foldaway units but require maximum shade, assisted by the side protection offered by the canopy design. The lasting appeal of the Dutch is its simplicity. An economical, strong, practical canopy with good branding potential. Available with retractable or fixed options, it can be surprisingly robust due to its light weight. This particular installation is at Mullany fine art purveyor in Bury Street, London. The text to the canopy has been accurately produced to replicate the client style and is applied using our unique RAGS® branding.
Mullany specialises in Haute Epoque fine art with an emphasis on continental sculpture, works of art, furniture and complementary old master paintings dating from 1200–1700. As long time collectors before establishing the business, directors Nicholas and Angela Mullany appreciate both the emotional and financial investment each purchase involves. Meticulous attention to detail, complete discretion and a personalised individual service are the hallmarks of their approach. Mullany aims to ensure every client celebrates the addition to their collection and derives complete satisfaction and confidence in the sale process.
Bury Street is home to a number of notable art dealers and Christie’s, a historic British auction house founded in 1766, has its main premises in a large building with its main entrance on King Street to the south and also bordering onto the east side of Bury Street.