Deans traditional shop blinds and awnings have been manufactured by us in London since the late 19th century and to this day we make them in same crafted way with some modifications to utilise environmentally safe materials for example we no longer use lead based paint, which is in line with our environmental policy. In the past the arms were painted with lead based paints, but now we use the much more robust, and better finished, powder coating process which is carried out at our very own powder coating plant. However, Deans traditional shop blinds still all meet the same historically accurate appearance criteria but with the advantages of modern technology. The Deans traditional shop blinds at the luxurious Charlotte Street Boutique hotel have fabric covers in a subtle grey and white block stripe to accommodate the traditional ambience of the hotel. The fabric has the appearance of traditional canvas but is in fact woven from modern polyester yarns which are both exceptionally durable and also soil and UV resistant
The Charlotte Street Hotel is situated in the media area just north of Soho. It is a minute’s walk from the fascinating Soho Square and theatre district and within easy reach of the financial centre. Surrounded by some of London’s best bars, restaurants and cafes the Charlotte Hotel is presented in a sophisticated and exclusive style. In this area The Bloomsbury Set were famous during the early part of the 20th century and would have approved of the special afternoon teas created especially for the Charlotte Hotel by their head chef. The Bloomsbury Set was a group of associated English writers, intellectuals, philosophers and artists. the best known members of which included Virginia Woolf, John Maynard Keynes, E. M. Forster and Lytton Strachey.
Charlotte Street, formed in 1763, was named in honour of Queen Charlotte who married King George III in 1761. It was one of three streets in and around Fitzrovia which took her name. The other two have since been renamed Hallam Street and Bloomsbury Street. Fitzrovia itself was named after the Fitzroy Tavern, a public house on Charlotte Street.