These Deans traditional shop blinds have been installed at the Haymarket Hotel which incorporates the Brumus Bar and Restaurant. The gentle pale blue of the fabric creates a peaceful ambience and the Graphics to the Brumus Bar are subtly picked out in a darker blue. There are four traditional Deans shop blinds on this site and each is constructed from harvested hardwood timbers painted in environmentally safe water based paints. A fabric shade of pale ivory blends perfectly with the beautiful Georgian building frontage. The historically correct iron work of the traditional shop blinds is in perfect harmony with the era of the hotel and it environment.
The Haymarket Hotel is situated on the corner of Haymarket and Suffolk Place in the heart of London’s theatre district. It is next door to the famous Haymarket Theatre Royal and is surrounded by some of London’s best restaurants and bars. The newly refurbished Brumus Bar & Restaurant is more spacious than ever. Open all day, Brumus serves fresh, seasonal cuisine and fabulous new cocktails, as well as the old favourites, bar plates and our delicious Afternoon Tea.
Suffolk Place was a mansion located on the west side of Borough High Street in Southwark belonging to the Dukes of Suffolk. It was built in the fifteenth century and rebuilt in fine Renaissance style in 1522 by Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk and boyhood friend of Henry VIII. In about 1536-1543 it was taken over by the King Henry VIII who exchanged it with Brandon for Norwich Place on the Strand, London. Henry granted it to Jane Seymour in June 1537, but when she died the following October it reverted to the King. In 1545 the house was converted into a mint.