Patio awnings for the UK home
Manufacturer and installer of patio awnings since 1894
Patio awnings and sun canopies have been manufactured and installed by Deans for over 120 years ensuring you can rely on their expertise for the highest quality products installed professionally at the best value for money.
Patio awnings for all types of building
Whether you have a modern home or one which is traditionally built there is a patio awning for you. From the traditional original Victorian awning right up the very latest in high-tec automated systems - operated from your armchair.
Patio awnings for all weather conditions
Whether you need shade from the sun or to protect your furnishings the right model can be found right here. From the conventional, yet elegant, Kenley which is perfect for your sunny barbeque days, right up the the Pratic all weather system which can cope with wind speeds of up to force 9 on the Beaufort scale.
How long will my patio awning last?
We offer a full recover and refurbisment service and customers come back to us up to 20 years after making their original purchase so that we can replace the fabric cover of any make of awning at the fraction of the costs of a new one.
Which patio awning is right for you?
In the first instance give us a call or sent us an email - we don't use a call centre or agency callers the person answering the telephone or your email will be a long term staff member who will be able to anser your questions and offer advice on any matter connected with buying your patio awning. You can also information and answers to questions on our FAQ page
How much will my patio awning cost?
There is a huge variation in prices for patio awnings and we cater for all budgets. If you know the size and type of awning you require please let us know and we will give you a approximate price on the telephone or we will visit site and ascertain professionally the fixing requirements and provide a formal quoatation free of charge. Call on 020 894 8931 for this service.
Call us today for a chat or to arrange a site visit 020 8947 8931.
You will find many downloads throughout the site and we update them all the time - link to downloadable brochures here
- The Pratic all weather patio and terrace awnings have been introduced to the UK by Deans and are now accepted as a robust yet far more economical way to extend the outside area without the huge expense of a conservatory.
- With a fully retracting roof and the option of side screens the Pratic Tecnic awning will protect from wind and rain yet will not be unbearably hot is the summer. Used initially on restaurants and cafes this system is increasing being asked for in a domestic situation.
- Click the image for more details
- The Kenley retractable patio awning is surprisingly big enough to cover the largest patio. Available as an electric or manual patio sunblind. Ideal for increasing your outdoor entertainment area. With an attractive semi-square aspect the Kenley patio awnings moves away from the more common "torpedo" shaped style of most modern systems which makes it suitable for use in more traditional settings as well as the contemporary home.
- . Click the image for more details
- Classic retractable patio awning available with an arm extension up to 3.50 meters. An economy version of the Kenley but still with the enclosed roller. Electric or manual operation. This awning is ideal for the smaller budget but does not compromise on quality.
- Rated up to Class 2 on the CE wind speed charts this is a semi enclosed cassette but with the roller encased and supported just like a full cassette. Assembled right here in our London factory service is assured - click the image for more details
- Traditional Deans Victorian patio awning ideal for the older home where authenticity is the key. Available up to 5800mm wide and traditionally crafted and painted with primer, undercoat and top coats of high grade commercial paint.
- All timber is from registered harvested sources and the timber boxes and covers are manufactured right here in our own London factory. Manual operation only is possible and all timbers are from harvested sources. Click image for more details
- The Markilux 990 has been developed by Schmitze-werke, the renowned German quality awning manufacturer for special applications where the fixing is limited only to the ends of the awning for example over a patio. The cassette is of very small dimensions providing a tidy appearance with contemporary lines.
- With an overall height of just less than 13 cm this awning can be offered whenever there is little room for installation and a designer awning is called for. The construction without torque bar saves space and weight. Click image for more details
- The neat cassette from extruded aluminium is powder-coated and, when retracted, the fabric is protected from the weather by the enclosedcassette. Strong as pistons ensure the smooth operation of the awning. All components require minimal maintenance and are protected against corrosion.
- Maximum width of a single unit is 700 cm. Coupled awnings, are possible up to a overall width of 800 cm. The angle of the awning can drop below 90 degrees allowing maximum sun protection - ideal on a kitchen window.The awning is fitted as standard with manual gearbox operation (a bevel gear and bayonet winding handle). A hard-wired or radio-controlled motor with markilux remote control operation can be fitted as optional accessory. Click the image for more details
- The model 5010 is a contemporeary design - from the cassette right through to the fixture brackets. The shape of the cassette is clear, classically modern without superfluous embellishments and the housing blends seamlessly with the fixing bracketsThe superior folding arms with assymetric arm lengths give the awning great stability and the cover is held fast when the awning is fully extended. All fixings and critical components are made of rust-resistant stainless steel.Huge Choice of fabrics from sunvas snc and sunsilk ranges. A valance is optional.
- DimensionsThe markilux 5010 is available with a maximum width of 700 cm. The maximum projection is 400 cm. Click the image for more details.
- The superior chunky cassette design and the close wall sealing of the markilux 3300 make it a popular awning for more traditional homes. It is exceptionally robust with a double gutter allows water to run off to the sides whether open or closed.
- All assembly components are made of corrosion-resistant stainless steel and the arms run in Teflon-coated bushes. The awning roller is a massive 85 mm diameter to prevent warping or deflection in the larger sizes. Click the image for more details
- The markilux 6000 is the top of the range cassette awning from the Markilux stable The markilux 6000 is a cassette awning with space-age design technology at the elbow joints of the awning arms – know known as the bio-tendon link.The original bionic tendon, draws inspiration from nature to create a friction-free and virtually noiseless arm operation making the technology in this patio awning even more robust and durable (achieving at least 50,000 cycles during tests by the Fraunhofer Institute in Germany.
- Beside the many options available the the markilux 6000 Lounge model features frame colours off-white textured finish, stone grey metallic and anthracite metallic always ensure a clean appearance thanks to its inherrent a soil resistance. Click image for more details
- Markilux 1650 patio awning featuring a unique system of lighting in the front rail. These lights can be inetgrated with your remote so you can alter the ambience of your patio at the touch of a button with moving from your favourite patio recliner.The markilux 1650 corresponds to the markilux 1600 (folding arms with double steel-like chains).
- These models, however, have integrated halogen spot lights in the front profile.The markilux 1650 is available with a maximum width of 710 cm. The maximum projection is 400 cm. Units with larger widths are fitted with an additional rolltex bearing to prevent deflection of the roller tube. Click the image for more details